The West Bengal Krishak Bandhu Scheme is a Government of West Bengal initiative and was launched in the year 2019 by the Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Bannerjee. The scheme has been ideated and implemented to help the farmers in the state by providing financial assistance in the form of insurance. The scheme aims at the development and welfare of the agricultural sector in the state and seeks to provide strong financial support for the farmers to facilitate their livelihood and farming.
The farmers within the age of 18yrs to 60 yrs are supposed to get a life insurance cover of Rs. 2 Lakh and in the event of the death of a farmer, this amount of money will be given to his nominees or family members. The insurance amount will be disbursed 15 days after the death of the beneficiary under this scheme. Moreover, crop insurance of Rs. 5000 will be given to farmers in two installments. Then again Rs. 5000 per acre will be provided to the farmer, one during the Rabi season and the other during the Kharif season.
A sum of Rs 2000 will be also given to farmers in a year on a pro-rata basis. The State government of West Bengal has invested Rs 3000 crore into this welfare scheme for the farmers since it has been launched. The process of an application under this scheme is through the portal and online registration. All information related to the scheme is available on the website https://krishakbandhu.net/.
Registration of the Applicants
- All the information and details about the scheme are available on the webpage of the scheme. Firstly, one needs to visit the homepage and it will display an option of Sign up. A form that needs to be filled up with personal details like Role, Department, Email ID, Password, etc will be shown. After successful signup, one can be considered a registered user.
- To apply for the scheme, the user needs to login with the registered id details on the webpage. Then the user needs to go to the section to open an online application form for the scheme and fill out the information that is required in the form. After filling in the details and checking it, the user should click on the submit tab to complete the process of submission of the application form.
- The documents which are required for the application under this scheme are Proof of identity (one of them) Aadhar Card, Voter card, driving license, pan card, Passport, etc. Death certificate attested copy, Krishak Bandhu Card Attested Copy, Declaration of self-attested copy of the applicant, RoR Attested Copy, Legal/natural guardian declaration in case of a minor claimant.
- The Death Benefit Application Claim Form can be downloaded from the webpage and should be filled with the right information and has to be submitted to the Assistant Director of Agriculture.
- The enlistment of the beneficiaries under this scheme can also be found on the webpage. The user should visit the homepage and then login with the registered email id and password. After logging in, the user needs to click on the ‘search beneficiary’ tab, choose the district, and block. Immediately after, a PDF file will open with all the names of the beneficiaries under the scheme in that district and block.