In a progressive society, everyone has equal access to the pursuit of happiness. Bearing in mind the same notion, the Uttar Pradesh government has taken a progressive step towards offering those who are differently-abled an equal shot at life and everything that entails in it. The UP Divyang Shadi Yojana is one such scheme wherein those who are differently-abled in the state of Uttar Pradesh will now receive financial backing for their marriage arrangements.
The Divyangjan Sashaktikaran Vibhag will provide the amount to the couple if even one of the couple is differently-abled.
Those willing to apply for the assistance online can do so on the official website of the portal: http://divyangjan.upsdc.gov.in/
What is the procedure for applying online for the UP Divyang Shadi Yojana?
If you happen to be a resident of Uttar Pradesh and are willing to get married to or happen to be a differently-abled person, then this procedure will prove to be useful towards the expenses of your wedding.
- Visit the official website of the Divyang Sashaktikaran Vibhag
- On the homepage, you will see the option “Click below to register/apply below to register” This option needs to be clicked
- There will be an application form that will appear on the screen
- The applicant will have to enter the required details like the applicant’s name, district, urban-rural area, and several other information and upload the supporting documents.
- Click on the submit button for the final submission of the form
What documents are needed to apply for the UP Divyang Shadi Yojana?
In order to avail of the benefits of the scheme, the following documents are a must:
- Aadhaar card of the couple
- Residence certificate
- Handicapped certificate
- Marriage registration certificate
- Joint account operated in a nationalized bank
- Mobile number
- Passport size photos.
Eligibility criteria for the Divyang Shadi Yojana
In order to be eligible for the scheme, the following criteria needs to be met:
- The applicants should be permanent residents of Uttar Pradesh.
- Applicants should have to upload their marriage certificates online.
- Disability percentage should be a minimum of 40% or a maximum of 100%.
- The male and female getting married should be 21 and 18 years or above respectively and should have a certificate to prove their age.
Benefits under the scheme
If only the man is differently-abled in the couple, the grant for marriage will be ₹15,000 and if the woman is differently-abled, then the grant will be ₹20,000. If both in the couple are differently-abled, then they will get a grant of ₹35,000
Summing it up
With this scheme in place, the Uttar Pradesh government takes active participation in helping out those who are differently-abled to lead a life of dignity and receive support from the government that helps them lead a life quite like everyone else. To help those differently-abled, this scheme and many more are in practice, enriching lives one marriage at a time.