The pandemic has pushed people’s employment statuses to less favourable ones. Roughly about 19 million youngsters are out of jobs, and this is estimated to have massive ramifications on the national economy in the months to come. This after-effect stands undeniably on the horizon, and the government is putting to use all its resources to stabilize the uncertainty brought about by Covid-19.
There are a lot of young students graduating this year who have worked all their life to enter a job that can support the dreams they have dreamt for themselves. To enable that transition, the UP government recently launched the UP U-Rise portal – a government job portal that enables fresh graduates and youngsters to bag themselves a reputed government job.
Objective of the U-Rise Portal
The U-Rise portal aims to empower youngsters in the State of Uttar Pradesh and to fuel dreams by offering government employment. Through this scheme, the youngsters of Uttar Pradesh will now find it increasingly easy to develop their careers into what they have dreamt of all their lives. U-Rise ideally stands for Unified Re-imagined innovation for Student Empowerment.
This portal will basically help students build careers and offer them training skills.
Salient features of the scheme
- The scheme will empower students through practical and technical knowledge
- The portal aims to empower roughly about 20 lakh students in UP
- The portal will offer information about career counselling, and several employment opportunities will be offered for students
- The website has been developed by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University
- Uttar Pradesh has become the first state to launch this portal and to also implement the revised National Educational Policy 2020.
How can one register and login to the U-Rise portal?
- Applicants who wish to enroll with the scheme should first visit the official website: https://urise.up.gov.in/
- Once the website loads, the homepage will have the “Register” link on the top right corner of the page. Hover over that option and a dropdown will display the “Student” link.
- Once the applicant clicks on the student link, the registration form will open up.
- Students can select the organization, enter the enrolment number, date of birth, and then click on the “Register” button. This will fill the U-Rise portal form.
- Once the registration is complete, the student can login on the U-Rise portal homepage for which the applicant would have to “log in” on the website and then click on the “Student” link.
- The student login page will appear like this:
- The applicant can enter the ID or username here along with the password as shown in the image and click on login.
Times are tough and getting by can be increasingly difficult, especially for students who might already be riding on the wretched shoulders of debts and loans and were looking forward to bagging a job to work towards financial independence.
With this scheme in place, students in UP can breathe much easier.