In the current world, if someone intends to cut out from the vicious cycle of poverty and make something financially sustainable for oneself, one has to educate oneself. Over the years, the Indian government has paid heed to the need for quality education, not just for the limited few, but for all – for only then can the nation truly progress.
This has led to RTE or Right to Education, which is a need of the hour for developing economies like ours. Each state in the country has taken this initiative up, and the Gujarat government intends to digitize the whole affair by inviting online applications for the RTE Gujarat admissions 2020-21 through the official portal.
The state has opened windows for RTE Gujarat 2020-21 admissions under the Gujarat Primary Education Act for admissions in Primary Classes.
RTE Gujarat Admission 2020-21
Online applications for candidates to fill the application form are now available at www.rte.orpgujarat.com. Here is how you can go about the application process:
- The first step is to visit the official website of the RTE Gujarat website.
- On the next page, the applicant will see the option “New application”.
- On the page that loads, the applicant will see Form A which would require the applicant to fill in all the information and then click on the “Next step” button at the bottom of the form.
- The applicant would have to fill Form B, select schools on the screen that appears next, and upload the required documents and then confirm. Once the form filling is done, the applicant would ideally be expected to printout the filled form for future references.
- The last step would be to include the registered mobile number in the last step, but it is optional.
Parents who wish to admit their children to renowned schools in Gujarat state under the 25% Reservation Process will have to follow the steps mentioned above.
What are the documents needed for the application procedure?
In order to have a seamless application process, the applicant would need to have the following documents handy.
- Address proof
- Parent’s caste certificate
- Birth certificate
- Parents’ income certificate
- BPL category
- Child’s and Parent’s Aadhaar card
- Child’s or parent’s passbook copy
Eligibility criteria for the scheme
The candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria for availing the benefits of the scheme:
- SC/ST Candidates: the annual income of the parents of the candidates from all sources needs to be not more than ₹2 lakhs
- OBC Candidates: the annual income of the parents of the applicant should not be more than ₹1 lakh
- General: the income of the parents must not be more than ₹68,000 in the case of general candidates.
The RTE is a basic educational scheme that should be made available to all. Through this digitizing attempt by the government of Gujarat, the scheme now stands to be a whole lot more accessible and therefore available to several students from several economic spectrum all over the state.