In the recent past, our priorities, as a whole nation, seems to have changed. Healthcare is now one of the topmost priorities because the evidence that stands in front of us for having neglected it for so long is unmissable. Several governments have, in the wake of the devastation left behind by the Coronavirus so far have come up with schemes that favour healthcare at a more intrinsic level.
Integrating the needs of healthcare and earmarking larger funds for it will not only improve the way pandemics are dealt with in our country, but it will also develop the infrastructure and thereby make healthcare a lot more accessible to the people.
Ayushman Bharat Sarbat Sehat Bima yojana 2020
In an attempt to prioritize healthcare and to bring about an awareness in the minds of the people to put healthcare first, the Punjab government has announced the Ayushman Bharat Sarbat Sehat Bima yojana 2020.
The main agenda of the scheme is that through its implementation, people will be provided with cashless treatment all across Punjab.
This paperless treatment will be provided to the poor people of the state primarily so that they can go to the hospital for routine checkups and can also undergo surgeries without having to worry about the financial consequences those surgeries incur.
How can one check the Sehat Bima yojana beneficiary list?
- The first step is to visit the official website of the State Health agency of Punjab.
- On the homepage, the applicant would have to click on the “Check eligibility Under AB-SSBY” option.
- The applicant would then have to search for coverage under the AB-Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana page which will be shown on the screen.
- On the webpage, there will be two options: a) Check eligibility through Ration card number/PAN/Registration ID/Farmer or journalist ID. b) Search by name.
- The applicant would thereby have to click on the desired option.
- The applicant would have to fill in the necessary information.
- The final step would be to click on the show status option to reveal the status of the application.
Eligibility for the AB-SSBY
In order to benefit from the scheme, the applicant needs to follow these criteria:
- The applicant must be a resident of Punjab.
- The applicant must belong to the categories prescribed by the scheme.
- The applicant must belong to the Below poverty line category.
- The applicant must hold a ration card.
Incentives covered under the Sarbat Sehat Yojana
- A cashless health insurance cover of ₹5 lakh per family per year will be offered, so that their healthcare is taken care of in times of need
- There are about 1396 packages for cashless secondary care and tertiary care
- There are 124 packages reserved for government hospitals.
- A treatment package of 3 days pre-hospitalization and 15 days post-hospitalization expenditure is available.
- Several big diseases are covered under the scheme, including Covid-19 for frontline workers which includes sanitation staff, ward boys, doctors, Asha workers, paramedics, technicians, nurses, and other health care workers.