The pandemic has affected professions far and wide. While millions have lost their jobs and thereby any discernible source of income, there are many who have actually been struggling with poverty even before the pandemic and things haven’t gotten any better for them. These are the farmers of our nation who have always been dealt with the rougher hand by fate.
To reach out to farmers and assist them in uncertain times like these, the government of India decided to launch a new scheme designed specifically for farmers – PM Krishi Udan Yojana.
The PM Krishi Udan Yojana was announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman while presenting the Union Budget 2020-21.
Objectives of the PM Krishi Udan Yojana
- The PM Krishi Udan Yojana has been launched with the main objective of offering fair prices to farmers on the crops they so painstakingly produce. Considering our national economy is largely an agrarian one, this move would also benefit the currently underperforming national economy as well.
- Most farmers in the country depend on the timely dispersal of their crops to the right market. Since they deal with perishable products, any delay would lead to a loss. Wasted crops lead to wasted resources and efforts of the poor farmer. the PM Krishi Udan Yojana aims to stop this from happening.
- With the PM Krishi Udan Yojana in the mix, farmers will have their goods available to target markets faster so that the consumers also get fresher goods to consume.
- The PM Krishi Udan Yojana will not only disperse goods nationally but even internationally, to help out neighbouring countries and also to enhance our export income as well.
What documents you need to apply for the scheme?
If you are a farmer who is interested in signing up for this scheme, here are the documents you will need to sign up
- Aadhaar card
- Farming related documents
- Residence certificate
- Income certificate
- Functional mobile number
How to apply for the PM Krishi Udan Yojana step by step?
- Visit the official website of PM Krishi Udan Yojana
- In the Beneficiary tab, you will spot the option “Beneficiary Registration”
- Once the Beneficiary Corner opens, you will see options like, “Beneficiary registration”. Click on that option
- When you click the registration page, an application form (as shown above) will open up in front of you.
- In this form, you will have to fill in information like Beneficiary type, category, name, and gender, functional mobile number, state, district and Pin code, bank account details, etc.
Once you submit your application, your registration would be successfully submitted under PM Krishi Udan Yojana and you would get a login ID and password processed.
Summing it up
Farmers have had it tough for themselves for decades now. With corruption and unfavourable climatic conditions. They find it increasingly difficult to make ends meet as is. With this scheme in place, however, farmers have what they have not had ever since forever – they have hope.
And look all around these days, hope seems to be facing serious dearth.