The Nikshay Poshan Yojana was launched by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in April 2018. It is a nutritional & health benefit related scheme where a person suffering from Tuberculosis (TB) receives monetary support or food packages from the Union Government. The fund for the patient is deposited in bank accounts through Direct Benefit Transfer. The Central Government and the State Government help in the distribution of food packages to the patients. This scheme is funded by the National Health Commission.
The aim of the scheme is to eradicate Tuberculosis from the country. India had also pledged to achieve the United Nations goal of eradicating TB from all nations by 2030. This scheme is a support service to the patients suffering from TB.
The Nikshay Poshan Yojana provides funds for health & nutrition support of the patients suffering from TB until the patient is undergoing treatment of the disease.
- All Tuberculosis patients in the country are eligible to apply for receiving the benefits.
- The monetary amount that is given to the TB patient by the Government under this scheme is Rs 500 per month.
- The State Government may supply food packages worth Rs 500 to the patients also.
- The fund can be deposited through Direct Benefit Transfer to the bank account of the patient or a blood relative.
- In certain cases, banks are requested to help the patients, to open a zero balance account to facilitate the process of fund transfer.
- Registration for receiving benefits under this scheme can be done through the online portal nikshay.in