Marriages in India, though a holy ceremony, can often turn out to be quite a dread for those involved solely because of the flair around it and how expensive it turns out to be overall. To ease out the dread in the minds of those wanting to get married without having to fret over the financial consequences of it, the Madhya Pradesh government initiated the MP Kanyadan Yojana.
The main objective of the Kanyadan Yojana is to provide financial assistance for the marriage of daughters/ widows/ divorced women from poorer sects of society.
Implementation of the Kanyadan Yojana
In order to implement such a grand undertaking, the government spends ₹51,000 on the wedding of all girls who have mass marriages. Apart from this, the scheme also provides for single marriage through the tribal marriage system still prevalent in the tribal areas of our nation.
Procedure to apply for the scheme
In order to apply for the Kanyadan scheme, the following steps need to be adhered to:
- Visit the official website of the Social justice and disabled welfare department.
- On the home page, click on the option under the “Application” button.
- Once the application form loads, all information asked in the form needs to be filled like the Aadhaar number, age, name, etc.
- After filling in all the information, the applicant has to click on the Submit button. After this, the applicant has to ideally login and after the login, the application stands to be complete officially.
Documents needed to apply for the scheme
In order to avail of the benefits offered by the scheme, the following documents need to be held handy.
- Applicant’s Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Income certificate
- Girl’s age certificate
- Residence certificate
- Composite code
- BPL card of families living Below the Poverty line
- Passport size photo of the girl
- Mobile number
Eligibility criteria for the scheme
- The parent/parents of the girl should be a native of Madhya Pradesh.
- In married couples, the daughter should be 18 years old and her to-be husband should no be less than 21 years of age.
- Also, the name of the girl should be registered on the Samagra Marriage portal.
- An abandoned woman who is poor and cannot financially support her marriage is eligible for the scheme. Divorced women can also benefit from the advantages this scheme offers.
- Widowed women who are from the financially destitute sections of the society can also benefit from the scheme.
This scheme is a progressive scheme for women all over the state of Madhya Pradesh as it offers people a chance to get married without worrying about the financial consequences of it. With this scheme in place, women all over the state can now dream of remarrying.
The MP Kanyadan Yojana allows parents to also breathe a sigh of relief as the burden of getting their daughters married is no longer a dread looming on their heads. With governmental intervention, parents from BPL families can now rest assured that their daughters can get married with dignity and a true spirit of merriment shall follow.