Over the years, one of our greatest issues to tackle has been the issue of casteism and the immense implications they end up having on society. The casteist system, acknowledged by many governments to be regressive and inhumane, has come up on the radar to be abolished as soon as possible. Such regressive beliefs hold back the society, thwarting its overall growth and development.
In order to tackle this, the government of Madhya Pradesh has announced the MP Inter-caste marriage scheme.
About the MP Inter-caste marriage scheme
To drive away from the stigma that surrounds inclusion, the government of Madhya Pradesh announced this scheme. Through the implementation of this scheme, people will now be willing to marry someone from a different caste and the marital objections arising due to caste differences will now cease to exist.
The Madhya Pradesh government is taking a progressive stand in promoting Inter-caste marriages for newly married couples in the state.
In order to take advantage of the benefits of the scheme, the newly married couple will have to apply online within one year of their marriage and the registration of these newly married couples will be done under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955.
The main objective of the scheme is to reward and honour such couples by abandoning the ideas of high-low caste and untouchability and working towards marrying youngsters to whoever they like, irrespective of their caste.
Under the implementation of the scheme, the bride or groom – among whom one is upper caste and the other from a scheduled caste or tribe, will have to submit an application to the District Magistrate.
How to apply for the scheme?
- Visit the official website of the scheme at https://scdevelopmentmp-nic-in.translate.goog/Default.aspx?_x_tr_sch=http&_x_tr_sl=hi&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB&_x_tr_pto=ajax,se,elem,sc
- On the homepage of the website, click on the “Inter Caste Marriage Scheme” link under the “Online services” section.
- On clicking the link, the Madhya Pradesh Inter Caste marriage yojana online application / registration form will open
- The applicant has to then fill in the details of bride and groom, upload the photo and other documents and click on “Submit” button to complete the MP Inter caste marriage yojana application process.
The eligibility criteria for MP Inter-caste marriage scheme
- Applicants must be residents of Madhya Pradesh.
- One of the two – the bride or the groom – should belong to the SC category. The other partner – either the bride or groom – should be of the other caste.
- The age of bride must be above 18 years of age while that of the groom should be above 21 years.
- Marriage must be registered under the Hindu Marriage act 1955.
- Applicants must have an active mobile number.
- Applicants must have a bank account in their own name.
Through the implementation of the scheme, the MP government is trying to make it a very vocal statement that in New India, no barriers of caste can stop two individuals from exercising their fundamental rights of marriage and of having a family.