The Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Seva Kendra is a portal launched for the people of India wherein all digital works can be done from one single platform. It aims to provide digital facilities to a Digital India so that no villager feels left out.
The Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Seva Kendra will be present in every panchayat and will have a direct tie-up with CSCs to make online services all the more accessible to the rural masses.
Various services will be provided under the Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Seva Kendra like assistance with schemes like Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM KISAN), Ayushman Bharat Yojana, etc.
What are the objectives of the Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Seva Kendra?
- The government aims to offer digital assistance with the Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Seva Kendra.
- The prime objective of the scheme is to offer assistance with various services – all under one roof.
- At the moment, 23,000 service centers are aimed to be opened all over the nation.
- With the Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Seva Kendra in action, almost all digital work and various block-level work can be accessed by rural and urban masses at a one stop shop location.
Who can apply for the rural Digital Service Centre?
Since, at the moment, the scheme is being implemented in Madhya Pradesh only, any resident from Madhya Pradesh can apply for the Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Seva Kendra.
How to apply for the Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Seva Kendra?
If the applicant is interested in opening a Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Seva Kendra in their vicinity, here is how the procedure for that would be:
- The first step is to visit the Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Seva Kendra website.
- Once the homepage of the website loads, the applicant will see three options in the top menu: Career, Register, and log in.
- If the applicant is visiting the website for the first time, the applicant would have to click on Register and as soon as the option is clicked, a new page will load up.
- On the register page, the applicant would simply have to fill in a common information and submit it after verifying the information.
- Once the applicant has registered, Interview details will be offered to the applicant on his/her registered email ID.
Once the applicant passes the interview, she/he will be granted permission to start a Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Seva Kendra service.
What are the responsibilities a Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Seva Kendra agent has to carry out?
- The candidate should coordinate and communicate effectively and efficiently at the Panchayat level with the Panchayat officials.
- The candidate should coordinate with the team at Panchayat offices and execute plans to be implemented at the grass-root level.
- The agent should be able to manage and maintain digital and non-digital records and information well at the Panchayat office
- The agent should be able to plan and monitor and report project activities effectively
- The agent should be willing to provide training and offer handhold support to the assigned team members.