Menstruation in India, for the longest time, has been a hushed-up conversation. The culture has been such that something as biologically recurrent and necessary like menstruation has been whispered and not dared to be outspoken even by mistake. This has not only led to problems among women to deal with menstruation better but has paved way for the ills of misinformation to make its way among women’s minds.
To ensure that proper sanitary habits are followed by women all over the nation, the government of India launched the Suvidha Sanitary napkins priced at Rs 1, all over the country.
Need for the scheme
In order to express its solidarity to hygiene and wellbeing, the government of India, on the eve of World Environment day – 4th of June 2018, announced the launch of Janaushadhi Suvidha Sanitary napkins.
These sanitary napkins are designed to be environmentally friendly as they are made with oxo-biodegradable material which essentially complies with biodegradability standards. This scheme ensures “Swachhta, Swasthya and Suvidha” for the underprivileged women of India.
How to locate the nearest Janaushadhi Centre to avail the Suvidha Sanitary pad?
Considering how digital things have become, it is easy to locate stores these days. That has been the plan with Janaushadi centres as well.
Janaushadi apps have been launched with provides citizens the assistance to locate and find directions to the nearest Janaushadi Centres so that women can get their Suvidha sanitary pads for Rs 1.
If you are an Android user, then click here to find the app.
If you are an iOS user, then click here.
How to open a Janaushadi Store?
If you are interested in opening a Janaushadi store around your premises, here is some useful information for you.
In order to be eligible to open a store, the applicant firstly has to employ one B Pharma / D Pharma degree holder as a certified pharmacist in the store.
What is needed to open the store?
- The application to open the store must be submitted to BPPI either online or offline, as per the applicant’s preference. Click here to get the website link for the online application.
- The applicant has to own space or hire space which can be duly supported by the proper lease agreement.
- The minimum space requirement conforming to the standards as approved by the BPPI is 120 sq. ft.
- Drug license would be in the name of “Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra” and several other permissions to run a drug store.
- The applicant has to comply with all statutory requirements for the storage of drugs.
- For individuals who are willing to apply for the store, procuring Aadhaar and PAN card is mandatory.
- If an institution/NGO/Charitable institute/hospital etc intends to open a store, documents needed are Aadhaar card, PAN card, certificate of Incorporation, and Registration certificate of the organization or trust.
- The applicant also has to provide proof of the Pharmacist having computer knowledge.
- Financial capacity to run the store has to be provided which should be supported by audited accounts for the last three years through Bank statement letters.