Confined within the walls of our own houses, we have collectively come to realise the importance of appliances and how essential electricity is to our daily sustenance. One day without electricity pushes our schedule back by hours and there seems to be nothing much we can do about it. The governments all over the country have, however, tried to make electricity accessible to every part of the nation.
In a long line of state governments who have attempted to make energy a basic thing in every household happens to be the Gujarat government. The state government launched the Gujarat Government Sarvodaya yojana to provide electricity to all farmlands across the state.
Key features of the Gujarat Kisan Sarvoday Yojana
Farmers usually have it really tough for themselves, considering how a major chunk of their work relies on uncertainties like climate and fertility of soil. However, when there is no electricity, things get exponentially more difficult for them. The Gujarat Kisan Sarvoday Yojana has the following features for the farmers of the state.
- Powering essentials: quite often, the produce of farmers is threatened by animals and pests. With a constant supply of electricity, farmers can keep these threats aside, and can also power farming appliances that eventually contribute to an enhanced yield.
- The scheme is meant to essentially benefit the poor farmers of the state.
- The scheme aims to reach out to 17.25 lakh farmers and it includes to envelop 1055 villages like those of Dahod, Junagadh, and Somnath districts.
Eligibility criteria to apply for the Gujarat Kisan Sarvoday Yojana
In order to be eligible for the scheme, the following criteria needs to be met:
- Residential proof: the applicant has to procure proof of residence and only the natives of Gujarat will be considered eligible to get the scheme benefits.
- Farmer category: the farmers will have to offer details about their landholding and others when registering for the scheme.
- Income details: The farmer would have to offer proof of income to justify their eligibility for the Gujarat Kisan Sarvoday yojana.
Documents needed to avail the Gujarat Sarvoday Yojana
- ID proof: the farmer needs to furnish a suitable Aadhaar card, voter ID card, and similar ID proofs at the time of registration of the scheme.
- Income certificate: a necessary document to avail of any scheme, the income certificate is a must to apply for the Gujarat Sarvoday scheme.
- Residential certificate: the address proof is a must to prove that the applicant is a native of Gujarat thereby abiding them to the benefits of the scheme.
- Farming lands: farming land details need to be offered to the concerned authorities as and when needed to apply for the scheme without any hassle.
Offering electricity to the farmers of Gujarat will largely help them increase their productivity, which will aid their financial status, especially in times like these. With the Gujarat Sarvoday scheme in action, the darkness across several poor households in Gujarat will finally end as the beams of hopeful light shine bright through each window, promising a better life ahead for all.