Today, considering how everything has gotten digital, it is about time every service gets on the bandwagon. The Rajasthan Government has created the online eMitra portal to align the scheme with the mission and vision of Digital India.
Through the portal, various governmental and non-governmental services of Rajasthan can now be applied for online. This comes as good news to all citizens of Rajasthan as this makes application for schemes all the more better, easier and a whole lot less expensive.
One such scheme is E-Mitra, which has been launched by the Rajasthan government.
Purpose of the e-Mitra portal
The usual reputation of governmental procedures is how tedious they are. With repeated visits to government offices, it comes to be too expensive for the poor to do that, so they, eventually tend to give up on it.
In order to make services a lot more feasible and accessible, the e-Mitra portal has been initiated.
What is the eligibility to partake in the e-Mitra?
- The applicant should be a resident of Rajasthan to apply for the e-mitra
- The candidate who wishes to apply for this year, they should have basic information and knowledge of how to manoeuvre with internet and digital technology like computer
- There has to be a centre around the applicant where she or he can access the features of e-Mitra
- The age of the applicant has to be at least 18 years of age at least, to be able to get an e-mitra login ID.
What are the documents needed to become an e-Mitra?
- The applicant must have computer or laptop access
- The applicant must have a printer
- The applicant should have a sound internet connection
- The applicant should have a Biometric Fingerprint scanner to scan the fingerprint of those seeking e-Mitra services.
How to register to be an e-Mitra or e-friend?
Follow the procedure mentioned herewith to be an e-Mitra. So if you intend to be an e-Mitra, follow these steps
- The first step begins with visiting the official website of the Rajasthan e-mitra.
- After going to the official website, you will have to click on the login menu at the top of the menu.
- Once you click on login, you will come to a new page, you will get an option to click on registration.
- Then, you would have to fill in basic details and create credentials through which you can log in later, as per need.
- Once you can register yourself, you can log in using your Jan Aadhaar, Bhamashah, Facebook, or Google account as well.
Benefits of the e-mitra
The e-Mitra is a connecting agent, using technology and the internet to bring governmental schemes and services to the rural populace of India.
Another interesting feature of e-Mitra is to make government services accessible 24×7. Citizens can avail the service through the e-mitra portal 365 days a year whenever they wish to avail any service.
In the long run, this scheme is beneficial to everyone who has not been able to enjoy the schemes offered by the central and state governments. This bridges the gap between people and government and works towards the uplifting of those who are below the poverty line.