In order to bring better continuity and more accessibility, the Ministry of Panchayati Raj released a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) with regards to the e-Gram swaraj.
What is the e-Gram Swaraj app?
The e-Gram swaraj app is essentially a single digital platform that keeps a tab of panchayats. In this app, every person will get information about all undertakings and development work, funds allotted, functioning of the panchayat, etc.
Essentially, what the app tries to establish is utmost transparency through the implementation of the app.
What is the main objective of the e-Gram swaraj portal?
In order to build better Panchayat Raj institutions across the whole country, the Ministry of Panchayat Raj launched the eGram swaraj – a user-friendly app that is designed to bring in more transparency in the decentralised planning, progress, reporting and work-oriented accounting related to rural and panchayat matters.
How to download the e-Gram swaraj app?
- In order to download the app, one has to first visit the Google play store on a smartphone.
- Once the app opens, search the e-gram swaraj app in the search bar.
- Download the e-gram swaraj app that shows up on the results page.
- Once the app is downloaded, click on the app icon and open it.
- On the homepage of the app, log in by entering your username and password.
How to register or apply online to the e-gram swaraj portal?
- Visit the official website of the e-gram swaraj portal app: https://egramswaraj.gov.in/
- On the homepage of the app, click on the “Apply online” option.
- A registration form will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter the necessary details.
- Click on the submit button once all the information has been filled in for the final submission of the application and the applicant will get credentials sent to their registered mobile number.
What are the documents needed for the scheme?
In order to apply for the scheme, no documents are needed.
What are the eligibility criteria in place to access the features of the app?
The app essentially has been made to benefit the people. Anybody can make an account on the Gram Swaraj portal and know the developmental works of villages, access to work in progress, and several other updates.
In order to understand an ideal life cycle of developmental work undertaken by authorities in village panchayats, here is a picture that makes things clearer:
Wrapping it up
There has always been a divide in the rural and urban way of doing things, and while the urban areas have largely benefitted from technological advancements, it is time that rural areas get on the bandwagon as well.
With the implementation of the app, people will now have a better understanding of Panchayati undertakings and take better stock of funds allotted and the pace at which tasks are being completed. Referring to the ideal life cycle and then coming on the app to understand proceedings is a comprehensive way of going about things. Now, people who are more informed will take matters into their hands and this stands to be a milestone move in the direction of RTI – Right to Information!