The government of Delhi has restarted the online booking for high-security registration of plates on an online platform. There will now be colour coded stickers from the 1st of November. In the new version of the website, a single URL will be available for booking High Security Registration Plates or HSRPs.
All Delhi residents who don’t have HSRP on their existing vehicles can now check and book online applications and they can also check their HSRP plates online status.
Need for this scheme
The need for this scheme occurred simply because HSRPs are a new mechanism that comes preinstalled with newly registered vehicles. However, most of the older vehicles don’t have such sophisticated and tamper-proof plates. According to governmental records, there are around forty lakh vehicles – including four-wheelers and two-wheelers – that do not have these HSRP number plates.
How to apply for Delhi High Security Registration Plate online?
- Visit the official website of the High Security Registration Plate online.
- The next step would be to peruse through the homepage and click at either “Private vehicle (non-transport) – White plate” or “Commercial vehicle (Transport) – Yellow plate” tab, depending on the kind of vehicle the applicant has, and needs and HSRP for
- Select the fuel type as either Petrol or Diesel or EV or CNG or CNG + Petrol depending on the type of fuel the vehicle runs on; as shown herewith
- The next step would be to select the vehicle type as two or three-wheelers or four-wheelers or commercial vehicle as shown in the image below
- Select the vehicle make for the vehicle such as a scooter, motorcycle, auto-rickshaw, 4 wheeler, or other with the name of the company who manufactures that vehicle
- Once that is done, the applicant would have select the name of the state as either Uttar Pradesh or Delhi, as both these states have already started using the HSRP registration process
- In the next step, the applicant would have to select their nearest location or dealer from where the applicant wishes to affix the HSRP
- Then the applicant would have to fill in the vehicle information as part of the booking appointment details
- The applicant owl have to entire their registration number, the date, chassis number, engine number, email ID, mobile number, vehicle type and finally (after having filled all the relevant information) will have to click on the Next button.
- Then as a final step, the OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number of the applicant.
- Finally, the applicant can then make a payment through the online mode. People can also enter their GST number if GST is required. The order will be confirmed through SMS and Email.
To make transport and vehicle ownership safer, the government of Delhi launched this amazing plan that can help vehicle owners all across the state. With this, not only do vehicles and their registration get safer, but it also gets tamper-proof and would, therefore, in the long run, save you from a whole lot of hassle.