For decades, women empowerment has been a neglected conversation in India. Now, with the turn of the century, governments all around the country are now striving to make women’s empowerment the core of governmental policies. One such state in a long list of states to make women empowerment the norm happens to be the Bihar Government.
Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana 2021
The Bihar government has taken the initiative to stop child marriage in the state – which has a notorious reputation of indulging in the social vice of child marriage. Instead, the scheme aims to empower young girls to pursue education and enables them to find a job to self-sustain themselves.
The scheme essentially has three components which concern the birth of the girl child, the child passing her inter-examinations, and finally with her completing her graduation. All girls will have to apply online for the last 2 components namely Mukhyamantri Balika Madhyamik + 2 Protsahan Yojana and Mukhyamantri Balika Sanatak Protsahan Yojana.
Balika Sanatak Protsahan Yojana Registration Form
This component of the Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana comes in the name of the Mukhyamantri Balika Sanatak Protsahan Yojana. To avail of the benefits of the scheme, the girls who have passed their graduation are required to fill the Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana through the online medium and follow the login procedure. Here is how one can go about it:
- Visit the official website http://edudbt.bih.nic.in/
- On this page, there will be two links provided by the education department for girls who have passed their graduation as shown here:
- Upon clicking on any of the links, subsequent login pages will load on the screen.
- The Bihar Balika Protsahan Yojana registration form online for graduates will appear as shown here:
- On completion of the registration process, wherein the candidate gets to fill in all the information, the candidate can click on the login link. In case the candidate’s name is not in the university list of students, then the candidate can contact the university register for inclusion of the name.
Documents needed for updating the student’s bank details
Before filling the online application form, the students are required to have the following documents handy:
- Bank account in the name of the student and IFSC code of Bank branch
- Aadhaar number of the student
- Mobile number for contact
The Bihar government has taken a wonderful initiative with regards to women empowerment in the state. Women now have a chance to finally pursue their rightful place in society, especially in a state like Bihar.
This scheme also effectively targets the issue of female infanticide, as families will no longer be looking at girl children as a financial burden to get married off, but as a treasure to the family.