Governments all around the world have taken corrective measures with the onset of the coronavirus pandemic. People across the financial spectrum have been affected by the onslaught of the virus however only those from the poorest spectrum of the economy have suffered the most. Due to the absence of healthcare initiatives or the awareness to avail healthcare schemes, the poor across the country have succumbed to the onset of the virus.
Considering the situation the poor find themselves to be in, the government of Uttarakhand has initiated the Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana or the AAUY which promises to offer the citizens of Uttarakhand the provision of cashless treatment.
In order to reach out to the masses more efficiently without having them step out during such times, the government of Uttarakhand has digitized the whole process.
How to register for the Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana?
If you are a resident of Uttarakhand and wish to avail the benefits offered by the Uttarakhand yojana, here is how you can get registered for it.
- Visit the official website of the Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand yojana
- At the homepage, click the “Online Registration” link
- Once clicked, the Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand page will appear on the screen
- You would have to enter personal details on this page including the address, voter card number, ration card number, e-mail ID, and mobile phone number, alongside details of family members.
- The final step is to click on the “Submit” button to complete the registration process.
Highlights of the scheme
Mentioned here are some of the highlights of the AAUY:
- The beneficiaries of the scheme will be offered a cover of ₹5 lakh per year for secondary and tertiary care.
- There is no restriction on the size of the family, age of the applicant, gender under the AAUY scheme.
- Members of the families that are already present in the SECC 2011 data are automatically covered under the provisions offered by the Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana.
- The scheme offers cashless treatment of the poor, which means that in case of hospitalization, the poor need not pay any money as the treatment offered under the scheme are totally free.
- The scheme also offers a cover on pre-existing conditions from the 1st day of the policy under the PM Jan Arogya Yojana. The benefit cover will include pre and post-hospitalization expenses.
The scheme could not have come around at a more opportune moment. There are millions in the state of Uttarakhand, who, due to rampant lockdowns have lost their jobs and consequently their means of livelihood. This makes it very difficult for them to bring food on the table, much less worry about healthcare – after all, hunger is a more potent feeling than anything else.
The Uttarakhand government, through this scheme, takes the burden of healthcare off the shoulders of the poor. With the scheme in place, people of Uttarakhand now have a way to protect themselves against the virus without having to worry about the medical bills its treatment will incur.