In India, marriage is more than a union of souls; it is a celebration. The governments all across the nation believe that marriage is a basic right for all, and therefore, finances should never be a hold up for two people to come together in the name of love.
To support poor families enough to have a wedding, the West Bengal government has initiated the Marriage registration form 2021 for couples.
About the scheme
Under the implementation of the scheme, couples can apply for registration under The Hindu Marriage act 1955, the Special Marriage Act 1954, the Indian Christian Marriage Act 1872 and The Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act 1936.
By applying to this, the West Bengal government aims to digitise the process and invite applicants to read through all the eligibility criteria and then apply on the website carefully.
West Bengal Marriage Registration Process
In order to apply for the scheme and have it go seamlessly, the following procedure needs to be followed:
- The interested applicants need to visit the Official website of the Law Department Registrar General of Marriages and the Government of West Bengal: https://rgmwb.gov.in/MARREG_Portal/MARREG_Home.aspx
- On the homepage of the website, the applicant would have to click on the “Register your marriage” option which is located on the right-hand side of the page.
- From the page that opens, the applicant has to click on the “Click here to apply online” option and there will be a set of instructions loading on the screen. The applicant has to read through and then click on the “Proceed” option.
- The application form will be displayed on the home screen as follows
- The applicant has to then select the specific act under which they wish to apply for the marriage registration.
- Then, the second part of the form holds information of the wife which needs to be filled in, like father’s name, date of birth, registration, email, phone number, etc.
- There will be the third part of the form which holds details of the social marriage such as location of social marriage, date of social marriage and the marriage invitation card.
- The fourth part of the form holds details of children (this section is not mandatory and hence can be skipped if the applicant does not have children).
- Finally, the applicant has to enter the premises name, number and street/locality name, district, sub-district, work area, block, police station, gram panchayat, village and post office number.
- The applicants would then have to fill in options “within office hours of the marriage officer” or “beyond office hours of the marriage officer”
- The applicant would then have to enter the code, click the submit option and take a print out as proof for further reference.
Marriages are instrumental milestones in people’s lives and making the process seamless goes a long way to help out individuals who lawfully wish to take their bond to the next level.
With such schemes in place, couples in West Bengal can now be lawfully wedded in the most seamless fashion there could have been.