Women empowerment, lately, has been the core of several decisions made at administrative levels. One such decision happens to be the Andhra Pradesh YSR EBC Nestham scheme – which is a scheme for upper-caste women who come from a financially troubled background. In enrolling on the scheme, women will receive financial assistance to cope up with the difficulties and to make ends meet without having to stress about them.
About the EBC Nestham scheme 2021
The Andhra Pradesh government will begin the Andhra Pradesh YSR EBC Nestham scheme for EBC women. Under the implementation of the scheme, the state government will offer ₹15,000 per annum to upper-caste women who are from economically troubled families. Roughly about six lakh women would benefit from the implementation of the scheme.
Salient features of the Andhra YSR EBC Nestham scheme
The benefits offered to the women in Andhra under the scheme are mentioned herewith:
- With the onset of the fiscal year 2021-22, financial assistance of ₹15,000 will be provided to Upper caste women from the economically weaker sections of the society.
- Only those women from the age of 45-60 years are considered to be eligible for the benefits of the scheme.
- Women need to offer proof stating that they belong to the Economically Backward Classes (EBCs).
- EBC women belonging to upper castes like Brahmin, Vysya, Velama, Kshatriya, Kamma, Reddy and Muslims among several others would be considered to be among the beneficiary category.
- The assistance amount would be ₹15,000 and would be offered on a per annum basis.
- This assistance would be offered for three consecutive years, which means that each beneficiary will totally get an amount of ₹45,000 over the span of three years.
- A total number of six lakh women from economically backward classes would benefit from the Nestham scheme.
- The scheme would begin rolling out the beneficiary amount to those eligible from November 2021.
What is the eligibility criteria for the EBC Nestham scheme?
In order to avail the benefits of the scheme, the following criteria need to be followed:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh State.
- The applicant must be a woman from the economically backward classes (EBC) category.
- The applicant must belong to the upper caste category along with belonging to the ECB category.
- The applicant must have a functional mobile number.
- The applicant should also have a working bank account.
- The age group eligible to receive the benefits of the scheme is 45-60 years.
List of documents needed to avail the benefits of the scheme
The applicant must have the following documents while applying for the YSR scheme:
- Address proof
- Identity proof like Aadhaar card or Voter ID card
- EBC category certificate
- Above Poverty Line (APL) certification or Ration Card
- Bank Account Details.
Summing it up
In the long run, this amount will surely come in handy for women from Economically troubled families, as this amount will help stabilise finances, if well used. With more such schemes seeing the light of the day, a brighter future for each state is not all that long away.