With the onset of the pandemic, students and their academics have taken a massive hit for the worse. While education has largely gotten digital, there are very few households, especially in the rural areas who can even afford technological aids for continuing their studies. And while that stands to be a major issue, what foregoes is the fact that households are not making enough money even to make ends meet. This is largely attributed to the nationwide wave of unemployment.
To make matters better for households that believe in the positive effects of education but cannot seem to afford it at the time being, Andhra Pradesh CM has launched the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme – a welfare scheme for students where the government will offer financial assistance to polytechnic students, degree students and ITI students as this money could help them pay their mess fees and hostel fees.
Students mainly from SC, ST, BC, Minorities, Kapu, economically weaker sections, disabled, etc will be prime beneficiaries of the scheme.
How to apply for the Online Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme?
- The first step is to visit the official website Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme https://navasakam.ap.gov.in/
- On the homepage, there will an “Apply now” button.
- Application form page will be displayed on screen.
- The applicant has to then enter the necessary details like name, date of birth, father’s name, address, email ID, qualifications, contact number, and other relevant information.
- Finally the applicant has to click on the Submit button for final submission of application and take a printed copy of the form for further use.
Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme eligibility criteria
- The government employees are not considered eligible for the scheme.
- Students pursuing Polytechnic, ITI and degree and above level courses in Government / Aided / Private colleges, affiliated to state university boards.
- If anyone in the family is availing pension, then she or he might not be eligible for the scheme.
- 75% of the family’s annual income should be less than ₹2.5 lakh per annum.
- The beneficiaries should only have the wetland below 10 acres or agricultural land below 25 acres or wetland and agricultural land under 25 acres.
- The beneficiaries should not own any four-wheelers like a car, taxi, auto, etc.
- The student’s house must be of less than 1500 square feet in the city.
- The ward of a sanitation worker, irrespective of his or her salary and type of recruitment is considered eligible for the scheme.
Summing it up
They say, education is the way forward, always. But in these trying times, education can seem to be a far cry. To make it possible for backward classes and people from the poorer sections of the economy, the Andhra government has come up with this innovative scheme.
People from the poorer sects can now finally find the right assistance they need to break the shackles of poverty and earn a dignified place in the society.
There will be a day where poverty will no longer exist and only education can prove to be a catalyst towards that day.