The last few months have been really difficult for people who have relied on sales and offering services to people, as stepping outside the house was not permitted. Many businesses ran into debt, and many more were forced to shut down under the burden of massive losses. All in all, the situation turned out to be quite pitiful for the people who relied on services to run their houses.
Acknowledging the problem and wanting to offer some respite, the state government of Andhra Pradesh launched the Jagananna Chedodu scheme of 2020-21 which aims to offer financial assistance to the Nayee Brahmins, the Rajakas and the tailors who have suffered bouts of unemployment ever since the lockdowns came into effect.
Reports suggest that ever since the scheme came under implementation in the state, roughly 2.47 lakh people have seemed to benefit from it.
About the Andhra Pradesh Jagananna Chedodu scheme 2020-21
The scheme has been launched to offer financial assistance to people who rely on offering services to the masses to run their households. The Andhra Pradesh CM launched the scheme to offer ₹10,000 to tailors, barbers and washermen who have, in the course of lockdowns, not have a single penny earned as income.
How to apply for the Andhra Pradesh Jagananna Chedodu scheme?
In order to apply for the scheme, here is how one can go about it:
- Visit the official website of the Jagananna scheme https://navasakam2.apcfss.in/.
- On the homepage, the applicant is supposed to click on the “Apply now” button.
- On doing this, the application page will be displayed on the screen. One can also receive the application form offline through some of the village wards or secretariats.
- The applicant is supposed to fill in the necessary information mentioned on the form like name, father/husband’s name, date of birth, gender, caste and other information) and upload the documents that support the claims made on the form.
- Finally, the applicant is supposed to click on the “Submit” button for the final submission of the application form for the AP Jagananna Chedodu scheme.
Key features of the scheme
The following benefits are offered by the AP Jagananna Chedodu scheme:
- Barbers, tailors and washermen are said to largely benefit from the implementation of the scheme.
- The funding for the scheme has been sanctioned from three different departments in the Andhra government namely the Revenue. Department, the Backward classes welfare Department and the Minorities Welfare Department.
- The identification of beneficiaries will be done through surveys conducted by the village or ward volunteers who are spread across the state.
- The fund amount (₹10,000) will be transferred directly to the beneficiary’s bank account.
Such a push from the Andhra government would go a long way in repairing the financial situation of the barbers, tailors and washer people of the state. Unemployment is a major issue and it has, sadly, affected the poor the most; who were anyway struggling with their finances. With this scheme in place, the tailors, barbers and washer people will now experience some respite in the days to come.