This year has been an academically tough one for students not only across the nation but for students all across the globe. While curriculums have had to change in some places for them to be carried out online, elsewhere, infrastructures have had to change to accommodate a more digital platform.
Bearing in mind the difficulties Indian students have had to face when it comes to competitive exams like the NEET, the central government has decided to make some changes.
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) 2021
The exams for the NEET UG programme will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to courses like MBBS or BDS courses and several other undergraduate medical courses in approved or recognised medical or dental colleges or institutions across India.
Candidates willing to appear for this exam can apply for it online through the official website of NTA NEET.
The NTA intends to conduct the NEET UG examinations on the 1st of August 2021. The NEET exams are important for those who wish to enter the medical field and enrol themselves on medically relevant courses like MBBS, BDS, etc.
How to apply online for the examination?
Here is the entire process to apply for the exam online for NEET UG 2021 online:
- The applicant who intends to appear for the exam must visit the official website of the scheme: https://ntaneet.nic.in/Ntaneet/Welcome.aspx
- The next step is to click on the “New Registration” link under the “Online Services” section of the website
- Accordingly, the applicant has to read the instructions carefully and then click on the “Proceed to Apply Online NEET (UG) 2021” button at the bottom. Once clicked, the form opens up as follows:
- On this form, the applicant has to click all the necessary details including personal details and the Aadhaar number. Once all the information has been filled in, the applicant has to click the “Submit” button to complete the NEET exam 2021 registration process.
- As the last step, the applicant has to log in to proceed with filling the “NEET Application form 2021”. The login page will appear as follows:
- The applicants can fill NTA NEET UG application form and note down the application number for future references. Then, the applicant has to also upload required documents and make the payment of the fee through the prescribed modes, print the confirmation page after the successful remittance of the required fee.
Application fee for the NEET UG 2021 exams
For General candidates – ₹1,500
For EWS category general candidates and OBC Non Creamy layer (OBC-NCL) – ₹1,400
For SC/ST/Transgender/Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) – ₹800.
The payment for these amounts can be made by credit card or debit card, net banking, UPI or even PAYTM.
For the longest time, students willing to appear for the NEET entrance exams have been on the edges of their seats, wondering if exams will go through this year or would they have to wait another excruciating year to get en route with the career of their dreams.